Just relaxing on an islet in the Caribbean

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Avanti Cafe

Ventured out to "Avanti Cafe" (alas, solo...come to think of it, all of my veggie/vegan meals I savor alone...shame!) last week for another vegetarian/vegan culinary experience. The Avanti Margarita Maxima is thirst quenchingly yummy. Not too tart nor too sweet, made with fresh squeezed juices (no sucky, preservative laced Sweet and Sour mix in this margi!). I highly recommend JUST ONE! Remember to allow yourself enough time to metabolize the booze then clear your mind and drive home safely. The Soup du Jour - Celery, had my taste buds experiencing BORING flavors. Their celery soup consisted of a thick, heavy broth which resembled the bucket of mop water after a long day of swabbing down the decks or a dirty kitchen floor and the taste lacked any hint of seasoning (once again, BORING). I don't recommend that soup. Unless, of course, you enjoy mop water out of a bucket! My favorite salad is the Roasted Fruit, Citrus Miso, Caramelized Garlic & Shallot & Candied Walnut Salad. The food expeditor mixes just enough salad dressing as to not leave my fresh spring greens drowning in dressing and overly soggy. Very refreshing salad! I ended my meal with a fresh Vegan Mixed Berry Walnut Crust Tart. It was the perfect combination of luscious fresh berries with just the right amount of sweetness (not too!) surrounded by a crunchy nut crust. They also have several lovely pizzas for about $10. The cafe is pretty small and in a strip shopping center. All in all...I highly recommend Avanti Cafe. Until next time. Cheers!

Avanti Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment